Yogscast avatars by Teutron
|Date Joined:||9th July 2008|
|Date Shut Down:||N/A|
|Schedule:||More than five a day|
BlueXephos is the main channel for the Yogscast, it has over 6 million subcribers from April 2014. The channel is mantained by two incredibly popular English gamers called Lewis and Simon. They began their life on Youtube with World of Warcraft videos, and then shot to fame with their acclaimed Minecraft series, which began as a simple 'tutorial' series, and evolved into the Shadow of Israphel saga. Though much of their success is because of Minecraft, they have stated that their channel was never a Minecraft channel and never will be, as it is a variety gaming commentary channel.
The Yogscast Family
While two people - Lewis and Simon - are at the head of the Yogscast and the ones who make and upload videos to the channel 'BlueXephos', there are many others that also upload videos to their Yogscast-branded YouTube channels. (You can click on the channel name to visit their channel or their real names to visit their pages on the Yogscast Wiki
This crew includes;
- Lewis 'Xephos' Brindley and Simon 'Honeydew' Lane - BlueXephos
- Hannah 'Lomadia' Rutherford - Yogscast2
- Duncan 'LividCoffee/Lalna' Jones - Yogscastlalna
- Paul 'Sjin' Sykes - YogscastSjin
- Chris 'Sips' Lovasz - YogscastSips
- Liam 'Nilesy' McKay - NilesyRocks
- Joakim 'Rythian' Hellstrand - YogscastRythian
- Tom 'Sparkles' Clarke - Area11Band
- Martyn 'InTheLittlewood' Littlewood - InTheLittlewood
- Sam 'Strippin' Thorne - TheStrippin
- Kim 'Nanosounds' Richards - YogscastKim
- John 'Panda' Cochrane - HybridPanda
- Dave (Chaos) Bagnall - DaveChaos
- Zoey Proasheck - ZoeyProasheck
- Alex 'Parv' Parvis - ParvPlays
- Rick 'Zylus' van Laanen - MrZylus
- Steven 'Ridgedog' Goates - Ridgedog
- Mark 'Turpster' Turpin - Turpster
- William 'Linkthe1st' Strife - Linkthe1st
- Ross 'djh3max' Hornby, Alex 'Alsmiffy' Smith and Chris 'Trottimus' Trott - HatFilms
- Keith 'BebopVox' Steinbach - BebopVox
- Ted 'Pyrion Flax' - TedHimself
- Toby 'SoTotallyToby' Cottrell - SoTotallyToby
- Matthew 'IFirez' Needler and Phil 'BruteAlmighty' - FyreUK
- Eric Fullerton and Brett Copeland - DeadWorkersParty
- Rob Pearson, Nathan Ditum and David Jackson - PlaystationAccess
- Jon 'Teep' Evans - TeeYogscast
6 Yogscast channels have passed a million subcribers, they belong to Simon & Lewis, Duncan, Hannah, Sjin, Sips, and most recently; Martyn!
There is also a collection of staff who work exclusively behind-the-scenes, maintaing the website, editing videos, producing art - such as thumbnails and avatars - and music. This team includes:
- Richard Keith - General Manager
- David 'Bodbod' Boddington - Production and Development Manager
- Anya 'MintyMinute' Ferris - Community Manager
- Si 'Skellitor' Melton - Assistant Community Manager, Thumbnail Designer
- Tom 'IBringtheFunk' Perkins - Assistant Community Manager
- Tom 'Angor' Clark - Manager of Shadow of Israphel
- Sam 'S.A.M' Gibbs - Audio Engineer
- Adam (<3) Davis - Editor
- Tom Bates - Editor, Cameraman
- Colin B - Editor
- Adrian Ruiz - Editor, Cameraman
- Alex Turner - Editor
- Ciaran 'Ceeraanoo' Askew - Animator - Ceeraanoo
- Ørjan 'Teutron' Aardvik - Artist - Teutronz
- (Veteran)Harry Marshall - Artist - VeteranHarry
- Ferazhin - Artist
- Nina 'Uni' Serena - Artist
- Ben 'Bedgarsan' Edgar - Administrator
The original Minecraft saga started from their Minecraft Let's Play, which led to Survival Island, where Simon and Lewis were left stranded on a remote island. On the last episode of Survival Island, the duo were rescued by their allies and set off home, however their airship crashed and found themselves in the middle of an epic quest to save the world!
It originaly began as Minecraft tutorials, which led into a cinematic series. At first, the videos were simple Let's plays but the series soon became The Yogscast's more popular and demanded series.They found a hollowed out area and established their home there. They named it; the Yogcave. They set up a mining outpost and found dungeons, ore and monsters! They went back to their routine of building their base but on episode 22, they came across a queer, old man called 'Old_Peculier', who required heroes to help him rescue the blacksmith 'Daisy Duke' from an evil force only known as 'Israphel', here is where Season One ceases and Season Two: Survival Island begins!
With no explanation (other than real-life issues with the game) the heroes found themselves stranded on a desert island and were forced to forage and mine to survive once more! On the last episode, they re-encountered Peculier and a new character; Skylord Lysander and boarded Lysander's Airship. And so, the four fearsome fighters embarked on Season Three: Shadow of Israphel.
Lysander's Airship crashed into Xephos and Honeydew's Yogcave. Peculier blamed Israphel for that and they quickly set off to stop Israphel's evil plots and rescue Daisy! A lot has happened since, though I will not spoil it, go and watch yourself!
Recently, Shadow of Israphel has been put on hiatus, with the team focusing their energy on other projects,
Simon and Lewis later started a Minecraft series using the popular mod-pack called Tekkit. The series began with Simon, Lewis and Duncan with the ambitious task of building a Jaffa Cake factory! The boys ran into trouble as they encountered rival company; Sipsco (consisting of Sips and Sjin) who strived to provide high-quality - and by no means affordable - dirt to the world! With the success of Tekkit, many of the other members got involved, with Rythian and Zoey vowing revenge on Sjin and Duncan for the prior destruction of their homes, Nilesy; a pioneer in the field of 'best and greatest pools and pool accessories, Martyn and his friend Toby whose adventures in the woods were short-lived, Strippin and Benji (The Rail Bros), self-proclaimed 'masters of the minecart', Hannah and her owl sanctuary and later Panda; who simply wished to create a bamboo distribution business. The majority of The Yogscast were involved in the Tekkit server, each producing separate series on their respective channels, however; with an explosive finale to Season Two of Rythian's epic Tekkit Saga, the server encountered some large changes.
After exhausting content in the Tekkit modpack, Lewis and co. acquired a new, personalised modpack as part of the FeedTheBeast launcher called "YogCraft". Honeydew Inc.'s Tekkit series (now rebranded as "Jaffa Factory" finally build the ambitious build and moved onto a focused on bee-breeding, which proved not too popular. Rythian and Zoey's "Blackrock Saga" continued with the presense of 'new magic' and Sjin departed from Sips to found a farm in order to "Feed The World"! Kim arrived on the scene and trained as apprentice to various members of the team, as she had had no prior knowledge of how to play Minecraft.
Though few members continue to make content on YogCraft, Sjin very much continues to produce videos on his farm, and Kim continues to learn the ropes of Minecraft. Rythian will upload an episode of "The Blackrock Chronicle" occasionally, as his series requires a lot more effort and a much larger team than Sjin's or Kim's.
Minecraft Custom Maps and Mod Reviews
The Yogscast has uploaded many playthroughs of various Custom Adventure maps for Minecraft. Some include Survival Island, Planetoids, Deep Space Turtle Chase, Super Hostile Canopy Carnage, Professor Grizwold, Rise of the Rebellion, Gloria, Paladin's Quest, The Lost Potato and the Herobrine Saga!
And they also have done many mod spotlights for Minecraft, covering mods such as 2D Minecraft, Ugocraft, Little blocks, the TV mod, Mo' explosives, Helicopters, Industrialcraft, Buildcraft, Equivalant Exchange, Tornadoes, Aether, Millenaire, Planes, Mo'creatures, and More! They even have made their own Mod Pack called the Yogbox and a FTB modpack called YogCraft!!
Recently, the boys had begun a series known as YogLabs, where they experiment with various Minecraft mods in a laboratory setting, while plotting to take over the world!
Besides Minecraft, The Yogscast uploads videos of many other games, such as: World of Warcraft, Fallout, Magicka, Rift, Final Fantasy XIV. Portal 2, Dead Island, Saints Row the Third, Left 4 Dead 2, Guild Wars and Diablo as well as many lesser known Simulators and Indie/Dev Games such as Farming Simulator, Surgeon Simulator and Perspective.