BuzzFeedVideo is the main YouTube channel for Internet news media company BuzzFeed. As of September 2017, the main Buzzfeed channel has over 13 Million subscribers and nearly 11 billion total views from over 4,500 videos uploaded.
Critically bashed for their "cringy" content as well as acclaimed for their content, Buzzfeed's channels stands as some of YouTube's most viewed and subscribed of all time, their channels combined having tens of millions of subscribers and tens of billions of views between them.
BuzzFeed was founded by Jonah Peretti & John S. Johnson III in 2006 in New York City as a viral lab, focusing on tracking viral content. Prior to establishing BuzzFeed, Peretti experimented with contagious media as Director of R&D and the OpenLab at Eyebeam, Johnson’s New York City-based art and technology non-profit. The company has grown into a global media and technology company providing coverage on a variety of topics including politics, DIY, animals and business. In late 2011, Ben Smith of Politico was hired as Editor-in-Chief, in a move to expand the site into serious journalism, long-form and reportage while maintaining its popular fun and entertainment-oriented content.
The flagship channel that produces original content.
Boldly (Formerly BuzzFeedYellow)
Shares videos that are "fun, inspiring, interesting videos from the BuzzFeed crew". Series from "Boldly" include "Keith Investigates", where Keith Habersberger of BuzzFeed Motion Pictures staff conducts his own research through interviews with co workers and locals about pop culture topics or slang such as "What is On Fleek?" and "What Does Basic Mean?". "But I'm Not..." series offers a number of videos where people of a certain gender, sexuality, race or background reject stereotypes they have been identified with like "I'm Latino, but I'm not..." and "I'm Trans, But I'm not...". Some of the videos they post seem condescending to white people, men and heterosexuals and tends to push radical feminist/SJW agenda.
Has "short, relatable videos that are totally you" and is "the good kind of awkward" Instead of organizing their series by topic like "BuzzFeedYellow", "BuzzFeedViolet" series are organized by character. For example, "Zack and Justin" series features Zack Evans and Justin Tan of BuzzfeedVideo Staff. "Sara" features Sara Rubin, video producer at BuzzFeedVideo.
Offers "bite-size knowledge for a big world" through "new facts, hacks, and how-to videos" including taste tests of "Spicy food Around The World"
Offers "features, news, documentaries" ranging from movie facts, to science facts, to interviews with politicians.
Features videos all things pop culture: movies, video games, celebrities, and TV shows.
News from Buzzfeed.
- BuzzFeed reached 100K Subscribers in March 2013.
- BuzzFeed reached 200K Subscribers in April 2013.
- BuzzFeed reached 300K Subscribers in May 2013.
- BuzzFeed reached 400K Subscribers in May 2013.
- BuzzFeed reached 500K Subscribers in June 2013.
- BuzzFeed reached 600K Subscribers in July 2013.
- BuzzFeed reached 700K Subscribers in August 2013.
- BuzzFeed reached 800K Subscribers in September. 2013
- BuzzFeed reached 900K Subscribers in October 2013.
- BuzzFeed reached 1M Subscribers in October 2013.
- BuzzFeed reached 2M Subscribers in May 2014.
- BuzzFeed reached 3M Subscribers in September 2014.
- BuzzFeed reached 4M Subscribers in December 2014.
- BuzzFeed reached 5M Subscribers in March 2015.
- BuzzFeed reached 6M Subscribers in May 2015.
- BuzzFeed reached 7M Subscribers in August 2015.
- BuzzFeed reached 8M Subscribers in October 2015.
- Buzzfeed reached 9M, 10M, 11M, and 12M Subscribers in 2016.
- Buzzfeed reached 12M Subscribers in September 2017.