Dixon D. White is the pseudonym of an American YouTube personality, actor, filmmaker, and anti-racism activist whose videos discuss racism in the American South. White opened his YouTube account in April 2015 and received media attention after he uploaded a video entitled “I’m a redneck and I love America" on April 4 of that same year. In the video he claims that he was formerly racist but changed his viewpoint while attending college in Savannah, Georgia and witnessing his African-American roommate being harassed and arrested by police.
Other videos show White commenting on the shootings of unarmed African-American men and commenting on how North America was built for white people, claiming "We created a culture and a system of white supremacy that has benefitted us for 400 years".
In an interview with The Root, White claimed that he was racist most of his life due to an abusive upbringing. He now challenges other white people to talk about white supremacy on YouTube.
- ↑ SELF-DESCRIBED REDNECK CALLS OUT WHITE PEOPLE: "WE'VE GOT AN EVIL WHITE SUPREMACY IN THIS CULTURE". Latina.com. Retrieved on 5 May 2015.
- ↑ This 'reformed redneck' is sending white people a wakeup call about racism. Daily Dot. Retrieved on 5 May 2015.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Interview: Dixon D. White Talks About His ‘Racial-Healing Video-Selfie Challenge’ and Racism. Retrieved on 5 May 2015.
- ↑ I'm a redneck and I love America. YouTube. Retrieved on 5 May 2015.
- ↑ The viral rise of anti-racist ‘redneck’ Dixon D. White. Retrieved on 5 May 2015.
- ↑ Redneck Dixon White Calls Out White America In Viral Video. Retrieved on 5 May 2015.
|This page uses Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported-licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|