Peter Oakley (August 20, 1927 - March 23, 2014 [aged 86]), better known on YouTube as Geriatric1927 was a British vlogger.
Peter posted many videos about his life and experiences until his death in March 2014. He started many of his videos with his characteristic "Hello, YouTubers" or "Good evening, YouTubers". He "Vlogged" about a wide range of issues, from his personal War Time experiences to the State of YouTube.
His 'peak' was in mid August 2006, when he was the most subscribed on YouTube an had 1/3 more subscribers than second place. His popularity made him world famous. He made a guest appearance when the "UK version" of YouTube was launched.
He also featured in an advertisement for Telecom New Zealand. He died on the 23rd of March 2014, a month and 11 days after his last video, after a battle with cancer.
- In late 2006, he became the most subscribed YouTuber just over a week of his first upload. He was surpassed by Lonelygirl15 after being most subscribed for about a month.
- He had around the same amount subscribers in the beginning of 2014 since 2007, in the 40,000-45,000 range. He finally broke past after news of his death was received.
- His peak number Subscriber count was 55 672, achieved on the 30th of November 2011.
- The day after his death, his channel gained 274 subscribers, increasing his subscriber rank to inside the top 17,000 according to SocialBlade. His views also increased by over 400%.
- A day before his death, his last video had 5,100 views. A day after his death the video's views went to 7,700. Two days later the views jumped to 12,000.
- He was one of the oldest people on YouTube and had been uploading videos for almost 11 years.
- His first video, First Try, almost singlehandedly made him the most subscribed YouTuber for a period of time.
- He is the only person to ever be the number one Most Subscribed on YouTube to die, as well as the oldest.