Gigi in Texas
|Date Joined:||July 6, 2008|
|Date Shut Down:||N/A|
|Most Viewed Video|
Gigi Loren Lazzarato (born Gregory Lazzarato, April 20, 1992) known professionally as Gigi Gorgeous, is a Canadian YouTube personality, actress, and model. Gigi is best known for her fashion-related YouTube videos which have collected over 130 million views.
Gigi has appeared on television shows such as "Project Runway: All Stars" and "E! Celebrity Style Story," and can be seen in various YouTube videos featuring other well-known YouTube personalities such as Shane Dawson, Trisha Paytas, and Joey Graceffa. In June 2014, Gigi won the LogoTV Trailblazing Social Creator Award for being an advocate for LGBT youth and making a positive impact through her videos and social media presence.
Gigi has dual citizenship in both The United States and Canada. She currently subsides in Los Angeles, California and has a partnership with makeup brand Too Faced Cosmetics.
Gigi was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and raised in the suburb of Mississauga in Toronto. She is the middle sibling of two brothers.
When she was younger, she participated in diving competitions and won a national title around 2005.
Her family moved to Rosedale, an affluent neighborhood in Toronto, around 2006. In 2010, she graduated from Etobicoke High School. Afterward, she attended George Brown College to pursue a degree in Fashion but left after a semester to focus more on her YouTube and personal career.
Gigi is known for her fashion and beauty-related YouTube videos. Her first video entitled "Gregory Gorgeous' Makeup Routine" was uploaded in August 2008 and currently has over 600 thousand views.
Known initially for being an out-and-proud gay male with a flair for makeup, Gigi (then, Gregory) showcased makeup tutorial videos that consisted of dramatic smokey eyes and performance music videos with her friends. Since her transition, Gigi's videos consist of more vlog-ish videos with monthly "favorite" videos that showcase various makeup and beauty products she has used for that month.
As of January 2015, Gigi's YouTube channel has over 1 million subscribers and her videos have over 130 million views. She attained her millionth subscriber in October 2014.
The Avenue web seriesEdit
"The Avenue" is a web-series starring Gigi Gorgeous that premiered in January 2011. The first season, distributed primarily on Blip, focused on Gigi and fellow budding socialites Rachel Guest, Claire Rejzekova, Arta Ghanbari, and Jessica Atcheson as the young twenty-somethings navigated downtown Toronto while juggling their relationships, respective career paths and the drama that ensued between them.
The second season, distributed primarily on YouTube, debuted in November 2012 with a larger concept. New characters were added including Gigi's next door neighbor, Shannon; Jay, her love interest and Carina, a friend of Rachel. Atcheson did not return for the second season. The high drama web series, sponsored by Biore, Garnier Fructis, and VerveGirl Magazine, ended in March 2013 with a reunion special. A third season is unlikely.
- Scott Fisher, Jacob Morris and Stéphane Paré served as executive producers. All three were in their fourth year of studying at Ryerson University when they produced the show.
In December 2013, Gigi announced in a video entitled "I Am Transgender," she will continue her life identifying as a woman. The following are procedures Gigi underwent to attain a more feminine aesthetic.
- Around March 2013, Gigi began electrolysis, a procedure common for male-to-female transgender individuals in the early stages of their transition. She talks about one of her experiences with laser hair removal in her video "Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis"
- In October 2013, Gigi had a tracheal shave to reduce the prominence of her Adam's Apple. This experience is outlined in her video "My Plastic Surgery Experience."
Hormone Replacement TherapyEdit
- In January 2014, in the video "Transgender Q&A - Part 1", Gigi answered questions about her transition. She discussed how she was already in the sixth month of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and the process of a name change.
- She followed up with "Transgender Q&A - Part 2" uploaded a month later. In the video, Gigi answered more personal questions about her transition. When asked if she had already undergone Gender Reassignment Surgery (GRS), she confirmed she had. However, at that point in her transition, this is unlikely.
Facial Feminization SurgeryEdit
- Around mid-February 2014, Gigi underwent Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) with Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD . Her surgeries included: a rhinoplasty, hairline lowering, brow shave, brow lift, and chin reduction. Gigi discussed the surgery with Dr Spiegel in the video "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsg_nBFjp_w".
- In March 2014, in a video entitled "My New Look," Gigi announced her name had been legally changed from Gregory to Gigi. She also debuted her new hairstyle. Her appearance in the video sparked comments from viewers that it looked as if she had gotten cosmetic surgery and wasn't talking about it. Gigi did not confirm nor deny this.
- In April 2014, Gigi uploaded the video "My Facial Plastic Surgery Story," and in it, discussed the FFS she underwent in mid-February 2014. This was the first time Gigi mentioned any cosmetic surgeries she had gotten. She expressed that she didn't mention her facial surgeries in any of her previous videos because she simply was not ready to discuss them and wanted time to heal. This video is currently the most watched on her YouTube channel.
- In April 2014, Gigi underwent breast augmentation surgery. She detailed her experience in the video "My Breast Augmentation Surgery Story" and an update about life and her experiences with having breasts for the first time in the video "Boob Job Update."
Gigi is of French and Italian descent. She is the daughter of David Lazzarato, audit committee chairman at Yellow Media (Canada) and the late Judith Lazzarato (née Belding), an investment adviser. She has two brothers, Adam, former web manager at McMaster University and Cory, and three Yorkshire Terrier dogs: Max, Gracie and Bella. Since 2014, Gigi has been in a relationship with personal fitness trainer, Cory Binney, half-brother of drag queen and RuPaul's Drag Race reality contestant, Alaska Thunderfuck.
- LogoTV's Trailblazers (TV special) as herself
- Project Runway: All Stars (TV series) as herself
- The Listener (TV series) as herself
- E! Celebrity Style Story (TV series) as herself
- She is the only blonde sibling. Her brothers and father are red-headed while she and her mother are blonde.
- She has three tattoos and each have a meaning.
- Her brothers, Adam and Cory, were born two years before and after her, respectively.
- Her favorite television show growing up was the anime Sailor Moon.
- Her favorite childhood movie was The Little Mermaid.
- Her first concert was The Spice Girls' Spice Up Your Life World Tour.
- She was classmates with Daniel Kelly ("Owen Milligan" from Degrassi: The Next Generation)
- She once got a message from Tyra Banks that read, "I see why they call you GG (Gregory GORGEOUS)."