Like many other talk shows, Kimmel has a variety of content, which often includes celebrity guests. He also does a variety of segments, which are posted on his channel, which is one of the most viewed and subscribed on YouTube.
Celebrities Read Mean Tweets
In this segment, celebrities will read insulting tweets directed towards them (Example: Ty Burrell looks like Jon Hamm if Jon Hamm was a crack addict) while the song "Everybody Hurts" plays in the background. This segment has been done with musicians, members of the NFL, and NBA.
- Despite what the title suggests, the show is not aired live. Instead, it is taped at 4:30pm Pacific Time on the day of broadcast.
- It's YouTube channel has been viewed over 6 billion times.
- For a time, Jimmy Kimmel was the most subscribed and viewed night talk show host on YouTube.
List Of Subscriber Milestones
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Hit 1 Million Subscribers On February 6, 2013.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Hit 2 Million Subscribers On May 13, 2013.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Hit 3 Million Subscribers On August 8, 2013.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Hit 4 Million Subscribers On March 21, 2014.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Hit 5 Million Subscribers On November 26, 2014.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Hit 6 Million Subscribers On June 15, 2015.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Hit 7, 8, and 9 Million Subscribers From 2015 - 2017.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Hit 10 Million Subscribers On October 5, 2017.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Hit 11 Million Subscribers On February 16, 2018.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Hit 12 Million Subscribers On May 13, 2018.