Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Stupid, stupid damage.||”|
―Northernlion, multiple times during his The Binding of Isaac Let's Play
Ryan Letourneau, better known by his username Northernlion, is a Canadian with a love for independent video games, especially games made by Edmund McMillen. Rising to prominence through his Let's Plays, his videos generally consist of gameplay while providing amusing live commentary. A "Machinima Director and Let's Player Extraordinaire", Northernlion is a highly charismatic individual best known for his distinctive voice and sharp wit, as well as his usage of a variety of puns, idioms, and vague references to pop culture.
Aside from his Let's Plays, Northernlion has also made various video series, consisting of "Let's Look At", "Let's Hate", "Don't Play This", "Only in Korea", "Indie Game of the Week", "Poison Mushroom" series on Machinima, and "#NLSS".
Northernlion is from Kingston, Ontario. He went to Queens University as is mentioned when he references how Elon Musk transferred away from his school due to a lack of women.
He was unemployed after returning home, but now makes money through YouTube, which he calls "a dream job", and he once jokingly described himself as "funemployed".
In October 2012, he moved across the country to live with his girlfriend Kate Kim (and cat Ryuka) in Vancouver. They married in late May 2014.
- First mentioned in an episode of his Let's Play of Cave Story, he is afraid of deep-sea creatures, specifically tentacled creatures such as jellyfish.
- His wife has her own YouTube channel, Kate LovelyMomo.
- Had a pet hedgehog named Allegro (it may have also belonged partially to his girlfriend), which as of 2013 has been sold.
- As of May 2013, owns a white Ragdoll cat named Ryuka.
- Northernlion's birthday is on 28 November 1988.
- Northernlion is 5'9" (175 cm) tall.
- Northernlion suffers from a really bad case of motion sickness.
- Northernlion suffered from a fungal genital infection during his youth when he was visiting a hockey camp.