Smosh's Profile Picture on YouTube.
|Date Joined:||Nov 19, 2005|
|Date Shut Down:||N/A|
|Subscribers:||Over 9 million*|
|*Last updated:||Every Friday|
Ian and Anthony also have their own website, called Smosh.com, which is basically the database for Smosh. It contains a shop, where you can buy Smosh merchandise, as well as articles on media around the world, and the Smosh videos, including 'extras'.
Smosh originally started as a social network for Ian and Anthony to chat with their friends. The boys decided to lip-sync to theme songs such as Pokémon and Mortal Kombat. These videos were posted onto Youtube, and that’s how the Youtube life of Smosh was born.
The name Smosh comes from a conversation that happened at school. One of their friends was telling them about how he went to this Blink182 concert and he was in this really awesome ‘smosh pit’. He thought that he’d said ‘mosh pit’, but then it just became an inside joke between their network of friends.
As of January 12, 2013, Smosh has regained their #1 spot after many years of being ranked #3 and #2.
- IanH - their second channel. There they post Lunchtime w/ Smosh, Ian is Bored and Smosh Pit Weekly.
- SmoshGames - Here they post videos of video game gameplay, reviews and news (2 Videos a Day!).
- AskCharlie - their third channel. There they posted episodes of Ask Charlie. As of December 2011, the channel is inactive.
- AnthonyPadilla - There Anthony posts his own videos very rarely.
- ElSmosh - Smosh videos dubbed in Spanish
- ShutUpCartoons - A cartoon channel created by Smosh featuring shows like Krogzilla, Oishi High School Battle and Samurai Daycare.
- Smosh's first time as #1 most subscribed was in April of 2007. Since then Smosh has been in the #1 spot more times then any other youtuber known to date.
- Ian and Anthony actually met in the 6th grade when they were to work together in a project as seen in Anthony's "draw my life" video in his channel.
- Anthony's parents split up when he was two but he say that he is too young to be affected by that