The Ellen DeGeneres Show (often shortened to and stylized as ellen) is an American television talk show hosted by comedian/actress Ellen DeGeneres. Debuting on September 8, 2003, it is produced by Telepictures and airs in syndication, including stations owned by NBCUniversal, in the United States and Canada. For its first five seasons, the show was taped in Studio 11 at NBC Studios in Burbank, California. It later moved to Stage 1 on the nearby Warner Bros. lot. Since the beginning of the sixth season, Ellen has been broadcast in high definition. The show has won 59 Emmy Daytime Awards and 17 People's Choice Awards as of 2017.
With over 2,000 episodes and 15 seasons as of 2017, aside awards and nominations, TheEllenShow is also the highest acclaimed talk show of all time, thus Ellen being the highest acclaim talk show host of all time, surpassing Oprah Winfrey.
On January 20, 2016, it was announced the show would renew at least four more seasons from then until 2020.
"TheEllenShow" on YouTube is a channel owned by The Ellen Degeneres Show and partnered with Time Warner. The channel posts clips from Ellen Degeneres' Talk Show. It is one of the most popular channels on YouTube, currently the 27th most viewed channel, peaking in the top 20, and 18th most subscribed channel on YouTube, peaking at 11th specifically, with over 12 billion views reached on April 21, 2018 and over 24 million subscribers reached May 1, 2018. It is the most subscribed and viewed channel affiliated with television and talk show content on YouTube.
List Of Subscriber Milestones
- TheEllenShow hit 1 million subscribers on April 29, 2012.
- TheEllenShow hit 2 million subscribers on December 7, 2012.
- TheEllenShow hit 3 million subscribers on February 1, 2013.
- TheEllenShow hit 4 million subscribers on March 14, 2013.
- TheEllenShow hit 5 million subscribers on May 2, 2013.
- TheEllenShow hit 6 million subscribers on July 8, 2013.
- TheEllenShow hit 7 million subscribers on October 27, 2013.
- TheEllenShow hit 8 million subscribers on January 11, 2014.
- TheEllenShow hit 9 million subscribers on April 19, 2014.
- TheEllenShow hit 10 million subscribers on October 27, 2014.
- TheEllenShow hit 11 million subscribers on February 12, 2015.
- TheEllenShow hit 12 million subscribers on June 15, 2015.
- TheEllenShow hit 13 million subscribers on November 4, 2015.
- TheEllenShow hit 14 million subscribers on January 2, 2016.
- TheEllenShow hit 15 million subscribers on March 1, 2016.
- TheEllenShow hit 16 million subscribers on May 9, 2016.
- TheEllenShow hit 17 million subscribers on August 18, 2016.
- TheEllenShow hit 18 million subscribers on November 23, 2016.
- TheEllenShow hit 19 million subscribers on March 2, 2017.
- TheEllenShow hit 20 million subscribers on June 13, 2016.
- TheEllenShow hit 21 million subscribers on October 14, 2017.
- TheEllenShow hit 22 million subscribers on December 15, 2017.
- TheEllenShow hit 23 million subscribers on February 3, 2018.
- TheEllenShow hit 24 million subscribers on March 24, 2018.
- TheEllenShow hit 25 million subscribers on May 1, 2018.