YouTube is a site where users can upload their own videos. It was founded on February 14, 2005 and has become very popular across the world. There have been some controversies with copyright infringements however. As of November 2, 2013, the YouTube channel was the #1 most subscribed channel on YouTube. On December 8, 2013, the YouTube channel was beat by PewDiePie, but then got back to #1 one day later on December 9, but lost it only hours later to PewDiePie once again. Three days later, they claimed the #1 spot for a third time, but was surpassed for good by PewDiePie on December 22 of that year.
YouTube Spotlight now ranks as the 12th most subscribed on their website. They as well hold the title of having the most subscribed 2005 created and American channel for the most amount of time on their website by surpassing Smosh on September 23, 2013, although TaylorSwiftVEVO surpassed the channel for the most subscribed American channel spot for a month and a half prior to YouTube Rewind 2017 before permanently surpassing the channel in the middle of January 2018. Furthermore, they have the most subscribed July created YouTube channel after surpassing 2006 joined YouTuber, nigahiga the same year and is also the most subscribed channel affiliated with news delivering.
All of the videos on YouTube's channel has been viewed over one billion times since December 2016 as well.
YouTube has over 2 billion users, it is one of the top online sites and it has an Alexa ranking at number 2. The site has several features, such as subscribing to users whom you like, this is also known as subbing or subs. Favorites videos you can save on your channel page and come back and watch at a later time. YouTube is one of the best online sites that is free, the only catch is that you must join to comment which is free, and that copyrighted material may be removed.
The displayed resolution of YouTube is 640x480 (480p), so it cannot display HD videos. However, if a video uploaded is 640x480 or higher, a small link appears below the video saying "View In Higher Quality". If this link is clicked, the quality is slightly improved, and now HD has been added.
You must be 13 or older to register an account on YouTube although this rule is often broken by new registered users.
Music, Gaming, And Sports are all YouTube Generated Channels. They technically are the most subscribed channels but due to them being auto generated, it doesn't count.
Format and Quality Comparison Table
- The official YouTube channel's join date was once December 31, 1969 oddly enough, though the actual join date was sometime between July 20-22, 2005.
- The YouTube Spotlight channel interacts with it's viewers frequently on the "community" tab of their channel.
- YouTube holds the record of gaining the most subscribers in a single year on YouTube, gaining over 18.1 million subscribers on their channel, jumping from over 945 thousand subscribers at the beginning of 2013 to over 19.1 million subscribers by the end of 2013.
- Through November to December 2013, YouTube Spotlight was the most subscribed YouTube channel. They are the only non user generated most subscribed channel.
- YouTube Spotlight was the most subscribed YouTube channel 3 times. However, it's second reign was so short, many don't remember or even know. So the channel is only recorded to be the most subscribed twice by most people.
- During their reigns, YouTube Spotlight was the first channel to hit 16, 17 and 18 million subscribers.
- YouTube Spotlight has the most followers on Google+. Second is Google+ itself.
List Of Subscriber Milestones
- 1 million subscribers: January 15, 2013.
- 2 million subscribers: March 10, 2013.
- 3 million subscribers: March 29, 2013.
- 4 million subscribers: April 15, 2013.
- 5 million subscribers: May 7, 2013.
- 6 million subscribers: May 28, 2013.
- 7 million subscribers: June 20, 2013.
- 8 million subscribers: July 9, 2013.
- 9 million subscribers: July 24, 2013.
- 10 million subscribers: August 9, 2013.
- 11 million subscribers: August 27, 2013.
- 12 million subscribers: September 12, 2013.
- 13 million subscribers: September 29, 2013.
- 14 million subscribers: October 16, 2013.
- 15 million subscribers: November 1, 2013.
- 16 million subscribers: November 14, 2013.
- 17 million subscribers: November 29, 2013.
- 18 million subscribers: December 14, 2013.
- 19 million subscribers: December 30, 2013.
- 20 million subscribers: January 16, 2014.
- 21 million subscribers: February 5, 2014.
- 22 million subscribers: March 22, 2014.
- 23 million subscribers: July 14, 2015.
- 24 million subscribers: February 3, 2016.
- 25 million subscribers: December 10, 2016.
- 26 million subscribers: December 7, 2017.
- 27 million subscribers: December 15, 2017.
List Of Video View Milestones
- 1 billion views: December 14, 2016.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20130203200319/http://www.youtube.com/user/YouTube
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20100616095234/http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=3D&view=subscribers
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20100616094101/http://www.youtube.com/user/arnito
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20100612070831/http://www.youtube.com/user/savioshow